REPLACE THE SHOP VACUUM FILTER:
The procedure for replacing your filter is similar to the steps used when removing it from the filter assembly or cage. If you have a filter plate and nut or screw cap method of securing the filter then reverse the steps taken when removing the old or dirty filter. The steps for installing a Qwik Lock™ filter is slightly different, but just as quick and easy:
- Carefully slide the Qwik Lock™ Filter over the Filter cage and press down on the outside edge of the Filter until the rubber gasket on the bottom of the filter seats securely around the base of the Filter cage and against the lid.
- Align the small center hole in the top of the filter over the Qwik Lock™ stud on the Filter cage. Press firmly on top of the Filter near the stud to allow the filter to snap over the ball on the end of the stud. The wet dry vacuum filter is now attached.
To install a filter using a retaining band:
- Place the replacement vac filter on the filter cage
- Fold around the cage until open end(s) touches bottom of lid or base of the filter assembly.
- Install the retainer band around the filter bag, locating it over any specialized ribs or tabs designed to hold the filter and band.
Note: In all methods of securing the wet dry vacuum filters make sure that the filter is firmly sealed against the lid or base of the filter assembly. Failure to properly seat the filter or a filter’s gasket could result in debris bypassing the Filter and possibly be blown back into the air.
MAKE SURE SECURE & CONTINUE SHOP VACUUM USE:
If you are confident the filter is properly attached then return and latch the motor cover onto the dust drum and continue use in accordance with your owner’s manual. Wet dry vacuum filters have an impact on your shop vacuum’s performance. Keeping them clean is essential.